6.02.2013

Sugar Cleanse: Day (YAWN!) 2

Well, if you can tell by the title, I'm tired. I'm not tired if the plan, just probably my body missing its usual caffeine and sugar intake. Normal cycle: tired, eat sugar/drink caffeine, sugar high, sugar crash, tired, rinse and repeat. Now: tired, keep busy, tired, tired, tired. I didn't yell at anyone today, though, so that's good!

I've caught myself planning for the first sugar-laden treat in which I'll indulge upon the completion of this cleanse. That is dangerous!! And probably why this isn't a 3 or 5 day cleanse. That would be way too easy and the "need" for sugar wouldn't be out of my system in that amount of time. This is a good plan. Sucks, but it's good.

Two things on my mind...a baby shower coming up that I think will include treats from The Sweet Tooth. Lord, BE WITH ME!! That will be hard. But...if I can remember this...The Sweet Tooth isn't going anywhere! I'll be fine. I can have a cupcake one day. But those days will have to be special days. And not the special days that are made up just so I can have a reason to eat a cupcake. Like the "I'll bring dessert to the work party" day or the "99 cents til closing" special day :) They are so good. So good. Chocolate Salted Caramel be still my heart. Actually, be still my heart if I keep eating so much dang sugar!! Moving on.....thing two is my looming 12-hour workday tomorrow. Tiredness+teenagers=....we will soon find out!

Now back to today...The Food

Meal 1: omelet with mushrooms and tomatoes
Meal 2: mixed nuts (cashews, almonds) and seeds (sunflower)
Meal 3: avocado and tomato south lime juice, celery & natural peanut butter
Meal 4: roast chicken
Meal 5: grilled pork chop and corn on the cob
Snack: popcorn popped in coconut oil

+ lots of water and my multivitamin

Good day!! Biggest surprise: the popcorn. First of all, I'm to limit corn/carrots/sweet potatoes but I can have them. As I was researching foods low in sugar, I happened upon popcorn. That surprised me. I assumed it was the same sugar-content as corn but I was wrong. One ear of corn has about 5 or 6 grams of sugar. One cup of popcorn has .07 grams of sugar. So I indulged and it was out-of-this-world good. Plus!!! Coconut oil is tremendous...a super food. I have many uses for coconut oil: it's my face wash and moisturizer and my deodorant to name a few. Some people eat a spoonful a day by itself. I'm not there yet. Yet.

That's my day. Going to wake up early to pack all my goodies for tomorrow.

Later!

No comments: