6.06.2013

Day 5: The Day I Learned I Could Live Without Butter

So, the other day I discovered coconut oil popped popcorn. That was glorious. Today, I cooked some beets. I planned beets for my evening sweet treat. Yes, I know, I'm not normal :) Other reasons I'm not so normal:

My favorite pizza is pepperoni and sauerkraut
I love hot buttered beets
I love when my fingers smell like garlic after cooking with garlic

Ok...back to the beets. So, I usually put a massive conservative amount of butter and salt on hot beets. It's lovely and decadent. Well, butter isn't on the list right now so I had to think outside of the box. So I drizzled a small amount of coconut oil over the beets, sprinkled some Murray River Sea Salt from Oleaceae (http://www.oleaceaeoliveoil.com/) and VOILA!! It was perfection. 

Food was pretty much the same today.  I'm going to start planning for next week. 

No comments: