6.01.2013

Sugar Cleanse: Day 1

Well...I'm not sure I could say I expected day one to go like this. I laughed, I cried, I yelled. Wish I was kidding. This is truly a detox and it sucks!! But...BUT...it's worth it. If I've been consuming something, anything, that when I go without it I feel like life is over (sarcasm...mostly) then it's time to make a change. The only spot for that kind of need needs to be reserved for Jesus. At one point in the day Will put me in timeout and I GLADLY accepted.

 The Food

 Meal 1: scrambled egg with sautéed onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes
 Meal 2: quinoa, tomatoes, steamed kale, black beans, garbanzo beans
 Meal 3: 1/2 avocado, tomatoes, lime juice, salt
 Meal 4: roasted chicken, carrots, onions

 Throughout the day: almonds and cashews

Best tasting: close one but the roast chicken always wins!

Most surprising: kale. I've never had it but it's SO tasty. Gonna find new ways to incorporate it this week.

Saving grace: cashews. Feels/tastes unhealthy which was welcomed today!

Biggest challenge: missing milk and juice. I don't think milk in and if itself is bad for you but it does contain a lot of naturally-occurring sugars so it's out for now. I am going to limit myself to one unsweetened tea a day. It kind of sickening how much sugar I must have been consuming. Yikes!! Anytime I struggle I'll think abut that.

 More tomorrow...

 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Such a hard change, but you are right a good change. I have just finished reading and starting to apply "Body Confidence" by Mark MacDonald. I highly recommend it for after your cleanse. The food plan (not diet) is all about maintiaing a stable blood sugar through the whole day. The plan is so easy and logical. The book is written in plain english. Love you.

Haley said...

Okay, you're inspiring me! I have major sugar addictions. And as a result battle hypoglycemia. I keep telling myself that I'm going to get it under control.