11.30.2011

One Week

In one week my life will change pretty dramatically and I can.not.wait!!!

This past week has been a challenge but not at all the kind I thought it would be. I've done it. It's been worth it. I've been supported. Friends who have been texting me, please know that means SO much to me. Please don't stop. I'll need continued support even following the surgery.

Today, I met with the surgeon and he was elated that I had already lost 11 pounds in one week! I asked him, "Is there *any* other food I can eat, even pudding, maybe yogurt, a biscuit, ANYTHING?!?!" I was expecting a firm "no" or maybe an "absolutely, if you don't want to have the surgery". I wasn't hopeful and then he said it. The word I didn't expect to hear. I can still hear it in slow motion. "sssssuuuuurrrreeeee". I'msorrywhat? Excuse me? Como se what? Did you say "sure". Seriously!?! Apparently, he was so happy with my 11 pounds that he feels I can add have a few actual meals (high protein, low fat) between now and next Wednesday. Oh.my.word. Who knew a stinkin' chicken breast would mean so much? Ahhh. So, after church tonight I picked up a few Kentucky Grilled Chicken wings. I bought three, didn't want to overdo it. I ate one and had had enough. That was all I needed. I can't believe this will soon be the story of my life.

Michelle Worley: Livin' life one chicken wing at a time :)

Things I could use prayer for:

1. Anxiety about getting everything caught up at work so that I can leave for the week following my surgery without the pressure of paperwork left behind. Saturday I'm spending the ENTIRE day at Panera doing paperwork. 12 hours. Intense.

2. I'm helping plan a Spiritual Retreat for students and staff at Shelterwood Monday and Tuesday. My surgery is Wednesday so the timing is perfect. I have a LOT to do to be ready for the retreat. On top of the paperwork, it's causing some stress but I'm really excited for the retreat.

That's it. I'm ready to go. Oh my oh my. So excited!!

4 comments:

tiff said...

Yay!! Can J text us updates next Wednesday?

Michelle said...

Sure...do you prefer updates while I'm loopy or not loopy on meds? Your call :)

Mendy said...

thinking of you!

Laura said...

So proud of you. We want all kinds of updates.