11.23.2011

beginning of cranky

Today begins the countdown to my surgery...TWO WEEKS AWAY!! While that is grand and great and lovely and exciting it also means today starts my two-week liver reduction diet. I think I posted about that last time. Essentially, this is a liquid diet consisting of ONLY water, decaffinated tea, crystal light, bariatric protein shakes, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, and chicken broth. No thanksgiving dinner for me this year but LOTS of thanksgiving. I've already faced Lamar's Donuts this morning and didn't cave. The truth is, caving would make the surgery date impossible. The goal is to reduce the size of my liver, making the surgery technically easier for the surgeon. And I certainly want the surgery to be easy for the surgeon. Amen? Amen!

This morning was my mother-in-law's retirement party. They served Lamar's Donuts, as mentioned above. Then I went to Hyvee to order her a retirement cake for her 2nd retirement party tonight. There are going to be ENDLESS amounts of deliciousness over the course of the next two weeks. Is it worth it to miss out on all the fun holiday foods. AB-SO-LUT-ELY. 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT WORTH IT. I can't even fathom the changes that are about to take place in my life. What a blessing and what a FANTASTIC birthday present to myself.

December 7th can't come soon enough!

No comments: