12.09.2011

home sweet home

Well, surgery is over. Man, I was NOT expecting this pain AT ALL! I know everyone's different in how they respond. Apparently, I respond in lots of pain. BUT, it's getting better everyday. Highlights/Lowlights:

1. Apparently, when my mother-in-law went to get something to eat Wednesday night, I asked her to bring me back two pairs of chopsticks. Strange. I'm on a liquid diet for now...absolutely NO need for chopsticks. Must have been the meds. Funny, huh?

2. I can now stand and sit without help. Woop Woop!!

3. Since Tuesday evening, I have eaten about 4 tablespoons of liquids (broth, sugar free jello). Isn't it crazy?!

4. Jason and his mom are currently eating pizza. I realized today that I have had absolutely zero cravings. Mind-blowing!

5. Before, during, and after my surgery, I continued to get texts from my co-workers letting me know I was being prayed for. They also sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Feeling very loved.

That's it. Just wanted to update you a bit.

2 comments:

Mendy said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and tell Jason thanks for the updates! P.S. I do not recommend eating broth with chopsticks. Just saying.

Laura said...

The things we do when we are medicated. So glad you are still remaining your funny sarcastic through all this.