2.16.2010

too fast

T minus nine days until my little boy can enjoy some solid foods. I can't believe how fast time has gone. I remember how overwhelming it was coming home from the hospital in his first days. I sat on the edge of the couch, just staring at him and wondering how in the world Jason and I were going to keep this little creature alive. I'm notorious for killing plants, how in the world could a little helpless human be protected in my care. Well, I've been amazed at the skills that have been apparently within in us our entire lives. I have seen myself go from an overwhelmed "mom" who cringed at the thought of slobber, let alone anything else that might come from the littliest body to a real-life, not-for-tv MOMMY. Not only am I over being grossed-out by slobber, I'm now wiping in on my pant legs and moving on :)

Jason. I don't even know where to start. Jason has become...well, he has become. Like me, he started overly anxious about everything related to parenthood. Keep the house clean, take out the trash, wash the diapers, sweep the floor, change a diaper, make sure to use ointment, has Will had a bath today...too much to do, let alone actually spending time with Will. Now, Jason wakes up early so that while I'm getting ready he can "wear" Will around the house. They visit me in the bathroom while I get ready, they help me pick out clothes for the day, play with Izzy, spend amazing amounts of time just staring at each other in the mirror. Makes me teary just thinking about the bond they are developing and how meaningful that will be to Will when he is a father.

It's all going too fast...
I'm gonna miss this...


1 comment:

Janelle Look said...

Hi Michelle,

I saw that someone had been referred to my blog through yours, so I decided to check your blog out! Thanks for linking me.

In your profile, you mention that you work at Hope-Net. I'm looking for a job and was wondering if Hope-Net had any openings. At UCLA, I led the homeless outreach team for two years through InterVarsity (a student Christian fellowship). Hope-Net sounds like an ideal working environment for my combined interests in helping the homeless and ministry. I know you are a busy mom, so please email me (JanelleLook@Gmail.com) at your earliest convenience!

Sincerely,
Janelle Look