8.10.2009

new kitchen!!

Alright, the big reveal! We decided to go much bolder with the main color than I had posted about previously. From teepee brown to ORANGE! It is much different than the pictures I posted before, but I really do love it. Jason and his mom worked SO hard all weekend while I stayed at a friend's house and away from the fumes. I called on Sunday to say I was coming home and Jason informed me that the house was not "extreme home makeover ready" and that I had to find something to occupy my time until they were ready for me. He called a few hours later and said I could come home but that he wanted to do the whole "move that bus" routine. So, I came home, was blindfolded, and guided into the kitchen. The transformation is amazing. The color combination to me is a cross between modern and a throw-back to the '80s, although Jason and his mom disagree and think the combo is very modern. Either way, I really love it. What do you think? OH, and the part that I loved the best that I thought would have to wait until much later: chalkboard paint on the doors. Jason went to Home Depot and found that they have chalkboard paint that you can tint in 12 different colors and he found a dark brown that goes with the brown that's on the backs of the cabinets. He went further than that and even painted the back door with the blackboard paint for "Baby W", as he stated. So sweet. I couldn't truly comprehend how much work went into the kitchen until I saw the pictures Jason took of the "in progress" work. Let's just say the house was a disaster and I was exhausted just looking at the pictures. I am truly blessed. So, here it is...the big reveal!

A reminder of the kitchen before:




And now...








2 comments:

tiff said...

Very nice you guys! I'm sure you are so excited to have that done before little baby W gets here. I know the pain of painting. I hope you enjoy your newly finished space.

Mendy said...

wow. i'm impressed by all you high-capacity people. our kitchen cabinets are still unpainted after a year in our house, no kids, and a "free" summer (although i wasn't really that "free"). did i mention it's a tiny kitchen so there's only, like, 8 doors to paint?? we haven't had kitchen cabinet doors since last year! not really baby-proof!