10.03.2008

one of my favorite things...

I have a new favorite recipe I received from my soon-to-be brother-in-law. If you like Chai tea, you will absolutely LOVE this recipe. I will be honest...I thought about keeping the recipe to myself but I just can't. This recipe is SO much better than Starbucks Chai Tea Latte (and that's saying a lot because I really enjoy a good Starbucks drink!). Jason and I have gotten into the habit of making it each morning to take to work with us. See the picture...doesn't last long!! Let me know if you try it and what you think!


Recipe for Chai Tea (makes 2 cups…double as needed)

1 whole clove
1 whole cardamom pod
1 tea bag (I use Luzianne)
8 whole fennel seeds
1 slice of ginger
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 ½ - 2 tablespoons sugar or Splenda

If you buy a mesh tea ball it makes for much less clean up when making the tea! You can put the clove, cardamom pod, fennel seeds, and ginger in the tea ball before placing it in the water.

Directions:

Place in pan: whole clove, cardamom pod, tea bag, fennel seeds, ginger, and water. Bring water to boil. Let boil for approx. 5 minutes. Add milk and sugar (or Splenda). Stir continuously and watch very closely…as milk heats up it will begin to boil and will boil over the side of the pan. As the milk starts to rise, remove immediately from heat.

If you did not use a mesh tea ball, strain spices and enjoy.
If you did use a mesh tea ball, simply remove and enjoy.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Okay people....splenda is good, but in this I think I like sugar better!! Thanks for posting this Brucey.....can't wait to make it. You are da bomb!!