7.02.2010

something worth fighting for

This morning, Will woke up at 4:30, ready to start the day. I love watching him in the mornings and learn a LOT from all the little things he does. For instance, he was determined to climb to the window and look outside. I, however, was motivated for him to go back to sleep so, as he crawled, I grabbed his sweet little waist and pulled him back into my arms. And the fight continued. Climb-grab-pull, climb-grab-pull, climb-grab-pull. It continued for a short while until, you guessed it, he won. As he laid his chin on the pillow and just stared outside, I was reminded of God's love for me and His fight for me. As much as I pull away from Him at times, He lovingly grabs me around my not-so-sweet and not-so-little waist and pulls me back into His arms. I fight it at times but, in the end, I know He is there for me, fighting for me. "The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14. What a wonderful reminder.

3 comments:

Brown Apples said...

beautiful reminder michelle- thanks.

Mendy said...

what great insight. r

Mendy said...

i don't know where that "r" came from. i don't remember typing it.