2.09.2012

inadequate

Yesterday was a rough day. Working with teenagers who are struggling emotionally/mentally/spiritually is a heart-wrenching, challenging job.

As I wrote that sentence, I actually erased it several times, trying to rewrite it to make it sound like I was feeling. That became impossible. The truth is, we are all struggling emotionally/mentally/spiritually to some degree. If we're not, then we're not growing. Growth is not easy. It's challenging. And it's rewarding. Every single day I'm reminded of that on a very, VERY big level. My struggle may not look like their struggle but it sure makes me feel inadequate some days. Like yesterday.

I am reminded of God's presence and unconditional love for me during every minute with these kids. I'm inspired, humbled, and in awe of this all-encompassing presence of our God. He is able to make changes in the lives of these hurting kids that blows my mind. Ephesians 3:20 says, "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Steven Furtick said at a Leadership conference I attended last year: "If your vision is not intimidating to you, it is probably insulting to God." Today, may your faith be so audacious that you believe that every thing is possible. Every thing. I pray that you will believe bigger than you've ever believed, to the point that you look crazy-insane-out-of-your-mind-weird to the world. That, I believe, would be pleasing to God.

No comments: